Similar to cavoodles, we are excited to now be breeding very cute and cuddly Shoodles (sometimes known as Shipoos).
The Shih Tzu is smaller than the Cavalier. Our Shoodles are toy sized; our Cavoodles may be toy or miniature size (toy = less than 32cm at shoulder; miniature = 32-38cm)
- The Shih Tzu and Cavalier both have short, squat shaped noses (some snore) and the Poodle has a long, pointed nose/snout so cross-breeding to produce a Shoodle or Cavoodle achieves a similar look (and reduces/eliminates snoring) in the puppies
- The Shih Tzu and Cavalier both have long, feathery looking coats but the Cavalier coat sheds.
- Cross-breeding a Cavalier with a Poodle aims to reduce the shedding of the Cavalier, producing a low shedding Cavoodle
- Shih Tzu don’t shed so cross-breeding with a poodle is more about introducing a curl/wave into the coat.
- The curly/wavy coat of a Shoodle is more ‘silky’ to touch than the ‘wool’ cavoodles’ coat.
We have discovered that unlike our cavoodle mums who have raised quite independent puppies by 5-6 weeks of age, our Shih Tzu mums are still ‘mothering’ their puppies at 8 weeks of age. This trait influences how our Shoodle puppies are toilet trained. Crate training has helped these gorgeous puppies achieve excellent results.
Check out the information on our Why buy a Waratah Park Puppy page and you will see you get more than ‘just a puppy’ when you buy from us.
We look forward to posting pictures soon. Complete our enquiry form to be added to our waiting list for gorgeous shoodle puppies.
Molly KoKo Snowy & Sarah enjoying a swim